We also have a few items that we would like to emphasize this
- We very much want to start doing as much correspondence by email
as possible. We do have some email addresses but we need to update
them and add new ones. Please send us your names and email addresses
of your family members to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Vralstad in the subject line.
- We are starting a Vralstad Family Reunion Page on Facebook.
Search for Vralstad Family Reunion and click on “like”.
Also on the left side of the page you can suggest this page to
others in the family.
- The current reunion committee is working this year to transition
reunion tasks and responsibilities to a broader range of family
members, which will also ensure a continued succession if indeed
the family would like to continue to have a reunion in the future.
To this end goal, the following is a summary of 9 general areas
of responsibility and some of the tasks that will be required.
We are looking for 9 family members to step forward and accept
responsibility as committee chairs for the following committees.
1. Food and Beverage
- Request bids and choose a catering service for Saturday lunch
- Decide on and provide beverages for Saturday.
- Decide on and provide cups, plates, silverware, etc.
- Coordinate registration, name tags, etc. upon arrival.
- Arrange for Saturday activities.
Some activities in the past: Choir/Saturday evening program, kids
games, outdoor games and activities, hikes, raffle and drawing
Provide a schedule and communication of activities (newsletter,
white board, website, etc.).
4. Building and Grounds Setup
- Setup of tables, chairs, decorations, etc. as desired.
5. Building and Grounds Cleanup
- Responsible for cleanup of building and grounds
6. Email List/Database, Communication Website Information
- Keep master mailing list, database, email list and addresses.
- Communicate with other committee chairs, website updates, etc.
- Produce and mail or email reunion announcements
- Help keep Vralstad website up to date.
9. Sunday Service at South New Hope Church
- Secure key and coordinate use of South New Hope Church
- Find a person/persons to conduct the service and homily.
- Music, bulletins, etc. as desired.